The new NBA season officially kicks off on Saturday, as the first set of training camps open around the league. However, the biggest news of the day came from the Milwaukee Bucks, who acquired forward Michael Beasley in a trade with the Houston Rockets.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Sacramento Kings' decision on which point guards make their roster could be based on them trading forward Rudy Gay, reports Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee.
• The Kings are also shopping guard Ben McLemore, reports Jones.
• Atlanta Hawks forward Paul Millsap will miss three weeks after undergoing a non-surgical knee procedure, reports Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He's expected to be ready for the start of the regular season.
• The Rockets are still working to re-sign restricted free-agent forward Donatas Motiejunas, and expect to have him back for the start of the regular season, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
• Former New York Knicks head coach and current ESPN analyst Jeff Van Gundy told The Stashed's 33rd & 7th podcast that he thinks the Knicks will win around 50 games this season.
• The Cleveland Cavaliers have re-signed forward Dahntay Jones to a non-guaranteed training camp contract, reports Joe Vardon of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
• NBA referees are placing an increased emphasis on monitoring groin hits and traveling this season, reports Brian Mahoney of the Associated Press.