NBA rumors: Latest off–season news, buzz from training camp
The NBA preseason is officially here, as training camps are underway around the league. However, one star player has not been cleared to play and his career might be over.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Miami Heat are preparing for a future without Chris Bosh. After Bosh failed a physical, Pat Riley told the Sun Sentinel that Bosh's career with the Heat "is probably over."
• Nerlens Noel is one of three centers on the Philadelphia 76ers' roster. Noel told the Philadelphia Inquirer that the situation "doesn't make any sense," and that he knows he was shopped this off-season.
• Paul Pierce is coming back for one more season before he calls it a career. In a piece published on The Players' Tribune, the Los Angeles Clippers forward revealed that he will retire after this season.
• The Minnesota Timberwolves announced that big man Nikola Pekovic won't play this season because of ankle pain. Pekovic's future with the team is unclear as owner Glen Taylor has hinted he could be bought out.
• Before making moves to add Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, the New York Knicks considered a slow rebuild centered on Kristaps Porzingis, reports Ian Begley of ESPN.
• Utah Jazz guard Dante Exum missed all of last season with a torn ACL. However, he told the Salt Lake Tribune that he is now completely healthy.
• Oklahoma City Thunder guard Cameron Payne is on track to return to the Thunder in time for their scrimmage on Tuesday, reports The Oklahoman.
• Toronto Raptors rookie and No. 27 pick Pascal Siakam is recovered from an MCL sprain that cost him most of the summer league, reports the Toronto Sun. However the No. 20 overall pick from 2015, Delon Wright, is still a long ways from returning from August shoulder surgery.