The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season as the league begins training camp and prepares for the preseason.
The NBA preseason gets started on Saturday, when the Golden State Warriors will face the Toronto Raptors in Vancouver. With less than a month until the regular season tips off, several notable players are still dealing with nagging injuries and a few have been placed on the trade block.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Warriors point guard Stephen Curry is optimistic that he will re-sign with the team as an unrestricted free agent next summer, reports ESPN's Ethan Strauss.
• Los Angeles Lakers rookie forward Brandon Ingram will come off the bench to start the season, reports ESPN's Baxter Holmes.
• The Orlando Magic may trade forward Serge Ibaka at the trade deadline if the team struggles in the first half of the season, reports Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel. Orlando acquired Ibaka in a draft day trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
• Washington Wizards point guard John Wall will be limited at camp as he recovers from off-season knee surgery, reports the Associated Press.
• The Portland Trail Blazers have "dabbled" in extension talks with center Mason Plumlee and are confident they can reach an agreement before the Oct. 31 deadline, reports Jason Quick of CSNNW.com.
• Charlotte Hornets point guard Kemba Walker (knee) and power forward Cody Zeller (knee) have not been cleared for contact, reports Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
• Houston Rockets head coach Mike D'Antoni said Patrick Beverley will start at shooting guard alongside James Harden at point guard, reports Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. Beverley was the team's starting PG last season, with Harden at SG.