The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season as the preseason begins.
The NBA preseason is finally underway, with games getting started last Saturday. But not every team will be at full strength to start the regular season, as the NBA has handed down to a suspension to one player and another has suffered a notable injury.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Ben Simmons will miss roughly three months because he needs foot surgery, reports ESPN. The No. 1 pick by the Philadelphia 76ers sustained a broken bone in his right foot on Friday.
• The NBA has suspended Darren Collison for eight games to start the season, reports Marc Stein. The Sacramento Kings guard has agreed to a plea deal and served 20 days in jail because of a domestic violence.
• The Milwaukee Bucks and Charlotte Hornets have discussed a deal centered on Greg Monroe, reports Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times. Woelfel reports there are "whispers" the two sides have talked about a trade exchanging Monroe for Jeremy Lamb and Spencer Hawes.
• The qualifying offer period has passed and Houston Rockets big man Donatas Motiejunas is still without a deal. ESPN's Calvin Watkins reports the two sides talked just before the deadline, but failed to get a deal done.
• The Denver Nuggets might get their own D-League team once again. The Denver Post reports the Nuggets "are likely" to have a D-League team next season, for the first time since 2009.
• The Atlanta Hawks have added point guard Josh Magette to a training camp deal, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution. The Hawks waived point guard Richard Solomon on Saturday, and both Dennis Schroder and Jarrett Jack are nursing previous injuries.