The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season as the preseason begins.
The NBA pre-season got started this weekend with several teams in action, and teams have avoided injuries to key players to this point. The regular season starts on October 25 with three games, headlined by the Cleveland Cavaliers hosting the New York Knicks.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Philadelphia 76ers rookie Ben Simmons' agent wants him to sit out the entire season, reports Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Daily News. Simmons is expected to miss three months after breaking his foot.
• Knicks point guard Derrick Rose will start in the team's pre-season opener Tuesday against the Houston Rockets despite that being the day jury selection starts for his civil sexual assault trail, reports Marc Berman and Julia Marsh of the New York Post.
• San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili thought about signing with the 76ers this summer, but wanted to re-sign once the team showed "great interest" in bringing him back, reports Fran Blinebury of NBA.com.
• Phoenix Suns shooting guard Devin Booker will start this season with Brandon Knight serving as the team's sixth man, reports Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
• Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal has been cleared to return after suffering a concussion at the start of training camp, reports J. Michael of CSN Mid-Atlantic.
• Sacramento Kings point guard Darren Collison has been suspended eight games for his role in a domestic violence incident in May, reports ESPN's Marc Stein.
• The New Orleans Pelicans have waived forward Chris Copeland, reports Paul Garcia of Project Spurs.