The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season as the preseason begins.
The NBA pre-season is in full swing, with a full week of games underway. There were several games Thursday night, but only two on tap for Friday. The Phoenix Suns visit the Portland Trail Blazers, while the Los Angeles Lakers host the Denver Nuggets.
Check out all the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Both the NBA and NBAPA have until Dec. 15 to exercise an opt-out clause in their collective bargaining agreement. However it might not come to that, as The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski reports there is optimism on both sides that a new deal could be struck in the next few weeks.
• The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for wing help and ESPN's Zach Lowe reports they've approached the Sacramento Kings about a deal for Ben McLemore. Lowe also reports the Bucks are open to dealing Greg Monroe or Michael Carter-Williams if the deal is right.
• The Kings are active in trade talks, reports Lowe, who thinks they could make a deal for a point guard with Darren Collison suspended to start the season.
• The Suns could find a trade partner for Brandon Knight if he starts the season strong, reports Lowe. He adds the Suns haven't given any indication that they're open to dealing fellow point guard Eric Bledsoe.
• New York Knicks guard Brandon Jennings told ESPN's Ian Begley that he's 100% healthy. Jennings said he feels "like himself again."
• Toney Douglas is in Cleveland Cavaliers camp on a non-guaranteed contract, but told Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net he's confident he can win the Cavs' backup point guard job. Rookie Kay Felder is also competing with Douglas for the role.