NBA rumors: Latest preseason news on injuries, contracts, more
There is just over a week left in the NBA preseason as teams work to make cuts and finalize their rosters. The regular season gets started on Oct. 25 with three games, headlined by the Cleveland Cavaliers hosting the New York Knicks and the Golden State Warriors hosting the San Antonio Spurs.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis will miss 10 to 15 days with an ankle sprain, reports Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated.
• Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh says he won't give up on making a return to the NBA because it's "where [his] heart is," reports Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press.
• Atlanta Hawks forward Paul Millsap is unsure if he will opt out of his contract this summer, reports Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
• Detroit Pistons point guard Reggie Jackson plans to return in early December after having knee surgery, reports Aaron McCann of MLive.com.
• The Hawks announced that center Tiago Splitter will miss at least four weeks with a hamstring strain.
• Portland Trail Blazers forward Evan Turner nearly quit the NBA after his 27-game stint with the Indiana Pacers, reports Danny Chau of The Ringer.
• Brooklyn Nets guard Jeremy Lin was interested in signing with the Pelicans this summer, but signed with the Nets for more money, reports ESPN's Mike Mazzeo.