The latest news and rumors from the NBA off-season as the preseason wraps up.
There is only a week left in the NBA pre-season, and several teams made their first round of cuts on Wednesday. The biggest names let go were forward Dorell Wright (Clippers), second-round pick Marcus Paige (Jazz) and undrafted rookie Zach Auguste (Lakers).
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Dallas Mavericks center Andrew Bogut said the Golden State Warriors knew Kevin Durant would be signing with them "long before the summer," reports ESPN's Tim MacMahon.
• Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward won't need surgery on his broken finger, reports Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune. The injury is expected to keep him out for six weeks.
• Los Angeles Clippers forward Paul Pierce told SiriusXM NBA Radio that he will sign a one-day deal with the Boston Celtics at the end of the season to "retire as a Celtic."
• Philadelphia 76ers head coach Brett Brown doesn't think he's on the hot seat, reports Kurt Helin of Pro Basketball Talk.
• LeBron James said the Cavaliers tried to sign Chicago Bulls guard Dwyane Wade this past off-season, but they "couldn't afford him," reports ESPN's Dave McMenamin.
• A judge declined to declare a mistrial or dismiss the rape case against New York Knicks point guard Derrick Rose, reports the Associated Press.
• Former Cavs point guard Mo Williams underwent knee surgery and blasted the team in an Instagram post, in which he claims "nobody actually gave a d--- about my health but me." Williams retired before the start of training camp.