NBA rumors: Latest preseason news on injuries, contracts, more
The NBA pre-season wraps up on Friday, giving way to the start of the regular season next Tuesday when the Cleveland Cavaliers will host the New York Knicks. As a result, teams are making cuts ahead of the Oct. 24 deadline.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Milwaukee Bucks announced they have traded point guard Michael Carter-Williams to the Chicago Bulls for Tony Snell.
• Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul missed practice on Sunday with a sprained thumb, but the team does not believe the injury is serious, reports Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
• Sacramento Kings point guard Ty Lawson missed the team's flight to Kentucky for a pre-season game against the Washington Wizards and now faces an "uncertain future" with the team, reports ESPN's Marc Stein.
• The Boston Celtics are expected to cut either guard R.J. Hunter or James Young, both of whom are competing for the team's final roster spot, reports ESPN's Chris Forsberg.
• Houston Rockets forward Donatas Motiejunas is still in a contract dispute with the team, and it doesn't look like they will reach a resolution before the start of the season, reports ESPN's Calvin Watkins.
• The Memphis Grizzlies have "no concern" about center Marc Gasol after he left their preseason game against the Rockets with a sore ankle, reports Watkins.
• Philadelphia 76ers head coach Brett Brown said the team is considering playing center Joel Embiid in back to backs this season after planning to hold him out, reports Jessica Camerato of CSNPhilly.com.