By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The new NBA season tipped off on Tuesday night with three games, headlined by the Cleveland Cavaliers beating the New York Knicks, 117–88, and the Spurs blowing out the Warriors 129–100. Twenty more teams will start their seasons on Wednesday night.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Memphis Grizzlies center Marc Gasol will have a minutes restriction to start the season as he works back from a foot injury he sustained in February, reports ESPN's Tim MacMahon.
• Cavs guard Iman Shumpert exhibited "concussion-like symptoms" after running into Knicks forward Kristaps Porzingis, but has not entered the league's concussion protocol yet, reports SI's Madelyn Burke.
• Porzingis has signed a multi-year contract with Adidas that is the richest shoe contract ever signed by a European player, reports ESPN's Ian Begley.
• Boston Celtics guard Marcus Smart will be out for another week with an ankle injury he sustained in the preseason, reports Scott Souza of the Providence Journal.
• Los Angeles Clippers forward Paul Pierce and Brice Johnson will miss the team's opener on Thursday against the Portland Trail Blazers, reports Dan Woike of the Orange Country Register.
• The Orlando Magic have exercised their 2017–18 team options on the contracts of Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton and Mario Hezonja, reports Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel.
• NBA commissioner Adam Silver told ESPN's Mike & Mike that the league and NBPA are getting closer to reaching an agreement on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, but a deal hasn't been reached yet.