The latest news and rumors from the NBA regular season.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA season gets fully underway on Thursday night with the remaining four teams (Bulls, Clippers, Hawks, Wizards) playing their season openers. New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis stole headlines on Wednesday by becoming the fourth player in NBA history to score 50 points in a season opener—despite it coming in a 107–102 loss to the Denver Nuggets.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Philadelphia 76ers rookie forward Ben Simmons has no timetable for his return from a broken foot, reports ESPN's Ohm Youngmisuk. However, he does not plan to sit out the entire season.
• The Los Angeles Lakers plan to pursue Russell Westbrook and Paul George in free agency in two years, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical.
• Memphis Grizzlies guard Tony Allen will miss a week with a knee injury, reports ESPN's Tim MacMahon.
• The Atlanta Hawks announced they have signed point guard Dennis Schroder to a four-year, $70 million extension.
• Former Boston Celtics guard R.J. Hunter has signed with the Chicago Bulls, reports ESPN's Jeff Goodman.
• The Lakers announced they have exercised the 2017–18 team options on the contracts of Larry Nance Jr., Julius Randle and D'Angelo Russell.
• The Detroit Pistons are working on a deal to move and play in Little Caesars Arena next season, reports Ron Savage of Fox 2.