By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
Every team in the NBA has at least one win and one loss, thanks to the Philadelphia 76ers beating the Indiana Pacers in overtime. The Cleveland Cavaliers are at the top of the Eastern Conference, while the Los Angeles Clippers lead the way in the Western Conference.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Sporting News reports the speculation from league executives is that the Sacramento Kings will trade DeMarcus Cousins before the trade deadline. One Western Conference general manager told Sporting News that the Kings will need to cave a bit in their demands for Cousins.
• The bad start for the New Orleans Pelicans has put head coach Alvin Gentry on the hot seat. Sam Amico of amicohoops.net reports several NBA coaches and general managers think Gentry could be fired in a matter of weeks, if not days.
• Phil Jackson has an opt-out clause in his contract with the New York Knicks next season, but he doesn't plan on using it. Jackson told ESPN he hasn't considered opting out and is instead focused on rebuilding the Knicks.
• Mario Chalmers is getting closer to returning from the ruptured Achilles tendon he suffered last year. Chalmers told the AP he could be back in early December and he's already heard from several teams..
• The Miami Heat are making lineup changes after a 2-6 start. The Orlando Sun-Sentinel reports Derrick Williams and Josh McRoberts will get more playing time.
• Omri Casspi of the Sacramento Kings denied a report he's requested a trade. Casspi told CSN Bay Area there's "zero truth" to the report he wanted a trade.
• JaVale McGee has earned more minutes, Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr told CSN Bay Area. McGee provides the Warriors with a better defensive option at center than Zaza Pachulia and Anderson Varejao.