The latest news and rumors from the NBA regular season.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NBA season is close to a month old, and as expected, many teams around the league are having to juggle various injuries. None of that is affecting the Golden State Warriors, who picked up their eighth-straight win with a 120-83 victory over the Indiana Pacers.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki is expected to return to practice on Tuesday, reports Earl K. Sneed of Mavs.com. He has been out since Nov. 4 with Achilles soreness.
• Philadelphia 76ers center Nerlens Noel met with head coach Brett Brown to discuss his role with the team, reports Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Noel has expressed displeasure about the team having three centers in their rotation.
• 76ers center Jahlil Okafor is no longer on a medical minutes restriction, reports Tom Moore of the Bucks County Courier Times. Okafor was recovering from a knee injury he suffered in March.
• The Detroit Pistons announced they have reached an agreement with the city for the team to move downtown and play in Little Caesar's Arena, reports the Associated Press.
• Former NBA star Dennis Rodman was charged with hit-and-run for a July 20 accident on Interstate 5 in Santa Ana, reports the Associated Press.
• The Miami Heat announced they will retire Shaquille O'Neal's No. 32 jersey. O'Neal won the 2006 NBA championship with the franchise.
• The Heat will receive insurance relief that will pay half of forward Chris Bosh's contract, reports Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.