The latest news and rumors from the NBA regular season.
A day filled with NBA action was darkened by the death of TNT sideline reporter Craig Sager following a battle with leukemia. Sager was 65.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Houston Rockets are done with forward Donatas Motiejunas. After the two sides couldn't agree to a contract, the team announced is was releasing Motiejunas and making him an unrestricted free agent.
• With the open roster spot, Shams Charania of The Vertical reports the Rockets plan to re-sign guard Bobby Brown.
• Jerryd Bayless underwent season-ending wrist surgery on Thursday, the Philadelphia 76ers announced. Bayless made a previously known injury worse on Nov. 23rd.
• The Memphis Grizzlies will be without rookie forward Devonta Davis for the next six to eight weeks, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal. Davis has a torn plantar fascia in his left foot.
• The Grizzlies will also waive guard Toney Douglas, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical. Wojnarowski reports the return of other injured players James Ennis, Mike Conley and Chandler Parsons is "imminent."
• Despite speculation he could leave the New York Knicks, Phil Jackson is planning to stay. Bleacher Report reports that Jackson plans on finishing the two years left on his contract with the club and might work out a new one with the Knicks after that.
• On an ESPN True Hoop podcast, Brian Windhorst says the Orlando Magic are looking for point guard help. Windhorst didn't mention any particular players the Magic are targeting.