NBA rumors: Latest trade deadline news on deals, contracts, more
The 2017 NBA trade deadline is just weeks away. Teams have until Thursday, Feb. 23 at 3 p.m. ET to get their deals done, whether they're looking to upgrade for a playoff run or to offload stars to build for the future.
Check back for updates as the trade deadline approaches.
• The New Orleans Pelicans and Philadelphia 76ers are in trade talks about center Jahlil Okafor, though the Sixers might not be as interested in doing a deal as was previously reported. (Sam Amick, USA Today) (Basketball Insiders)
• The Minnesota Timberwolves will sign Lance Stephenson to a 10-day contract. (Shams Charania, The Vertical)
• The Cleveland Cavaliers are not planning on trading forward Kevin Love, with LeBron James calling the rumors "trash" (ESPN)
• The Cavaliers were reportedly originally interested in doing a deal for Anthony, though, as long as the asking price was lowered. (Basketball Insiders)
• DeMarcus Cousins won't be involved in any trades, Sacramento Kings general manager Vlade Divac said. (Marc Stein, ESPN)
• The Kings have been active in other trade talks, and could trade Darren Collison and Kosta Koufos before the deadline. (Basketball Insiders)
• Nikola Vucevic, Serge Ibaka, forward Jeff Green and possibly guard C.J. Watson from the Orlando Magic could be traded before the deadline (Basketball Insiders)
• The Nets are have been open to trading Brook Lopez all year, but the asking price has remained steep and unchanged as the trade deadline approaches. (Basketball Insiders).