NBA trade rumors: Pacers not rushing Paul George trade
Tuesday was a whirlwind as the NBA offseason continues and Thursday’s draft approaches.
Among the most recent notable deals are the Los Angeles Lakers dealing D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov to the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for Brook Lopez and the No. 27 pick of the 2017 NBA draft. The Atlanta Hawks packaged Dwight Howard to the Charlotte Hornets for Marco Belinelli, Miles Plumlee and the No. 41 pick in the 2017 draft.
Here's a look at the latest trade rumors and buzz around the NBA:
• The Wizards likely to acquire guad Tim Frazier from Pelicans for 52nd overall pick. (Michael Scotto, Basketball Insiders)
• New York Knicks president Phil Jackson made an appearance on MSG's New York Knicks Live to address the state of the franchise and the recent rumors regarding star forward Kristaps Porzingis. Jackson confirmed that the Knicks are listening to offers and will 'do what's best for the club'.
• The Pacers may not deal Paul George this week, as the team doesn’t feel pressured to cut a deal by the draft after talking trade with teams including the Lakers, Cavs and Rockets. Indiana may wait until the summer to make a trade, unless they are blown away. (Indy Star)
• The Rockets are making Ryan Anderson, Patrick Beverley and Lou Williams available as they reshuffle their roster. Houston is looking for another star to pair with James Harden and could pursue Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Paul Millsap and Kyle Lowry. (Marc Stein, ESPN)
• Milwaukee Bucks center Greg Monroe will exercise his player option, worth $17 million for the 2017–18 season. (Chris Haynes, ESPN.com)
• The Sacramento Kings passed on swapping first-round draft picks with the Los Angeles Lakers (David Aldridge, TNT)
• The Rockets plan to offer James Harden a Designated Player Veteran Exception contract extension worth about $168 million over four years, depending on where the salary cap is set. (Jonathan Feigen, Houston Chronicle)
• The Hawks are pursuing sign-and-trade options for Paul Millsap. (Brian Windhorst, ESPN)
• Sacramento Kings guard Langston Galloway will decline his $5.4 million player option. (Michael Scotto, Basketball Insiders)
• Lauri Markkanen says he only had dinner with the Knicks, not a workout, and that the subject of Kristaps Porzingis was not broached during the meal. (SiriusXM)
• Chauncey Billups is having his second meeting with the Cavaliers. (Brian Windhorst, ESPN)
• The Jazz are one of 12 teams that have reached out to the Rockets about Patrick Beverley. (Tony Jones, The Salt Lake Tribune)