The Portland Trail Blazers announced Tuesday that Damian Lillard will be out of Game 5 against the Lakers with a right knee sprain. Lillard left Game 4 in the 3rd quarter after a non-contact injury and has since been diagnosed with a right knee sprain, according to the Trail Blazers announcement.
Lillard has been one of the top performers inside the NBA bubble leading Portland to the Number 8 seed in the West. Since the restart, he has averaged 33.2 points and 7.8 assists on 45.9% shooting, including back-to-back performances of 50+ points.
The Trailblazers are currently 1 and 3 in the first round series vs the Lakers and will face Los Angeles in Game 5 Wednesday night at 9 pm EST.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Top QB Prospect Trey Lance to Get Showcase Game When North Dakota State Plays Central Arkansas
- Beat L.A.? In Short Season, Dodgers Look Like a Superteam
- SI Survey: Doctors Say They'd Play in the NBA and NHL, but not NFL and MLB
- Deonna Purrazzo Out to Prove Herself as Impact’s Knockouts Champion After WWE Disappointment
- Despite All the Risks, Oscar De La Hoya Can Never Truly Quit Boxing
- Clemson No. 1 in Preseason AP Top 25, Followed by Ohio State, Alabama
- Asuka’s Journey Puts Her in Position for Two Title Matches at 'SummerSlam'