The second week of the NFL season is set to kick off on Thursday with a marquee divisional matchup between the Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs, both of whom are looking to move to 2-0 on the year.
On Sunday, Rex Ryan’s Bills will try to take down the New England Patriots in Buffalo, while the Philadelphia Eagles take on the Dallas Cowboys in DeMarco Murray’s first game against his former team. On Sunday night, the Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers meet in a rematch of last season’s NFC championship game.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below as Week 2 approaches.
• The NFL has fined Bengals defensive back Adam “Pacman” Jones $35,000 for slamming Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper's head on Sunday.
• Giants running back Rashad Jennings created a mini-controversy when he said Eli Manning directed him not to score at the end of Sunday's game against the Cowboys. On Wednesday, Jennings apologized for casting his quarterback in a negative light.
• Earlier this week, video was released of several 49ers fans beating up a Vikings fan after the two teams played on Monday night. Police are investigating the incident.
• The Indianapolis Colts are working out former Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still on Tuesday, according to ESPN.
• St. Louis Rams running back Todd Gurley could make his NFL debut this week against the Redskins, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. Fisher declined to rule out Gurley for Sunday's game.
• Good news for 49ers fans: Reggie Bush's calf injury is a strain, not a tear, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.