By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Washington Redskins will host the Dallas Cowboys on Monday to wrap up Week 13 of the NFL season, which provided us with plenty of intriguing games.
The Pittsburgh Steelers blew out the Indianapolis Colts, 45–10, on Sunday Night Football, while the Philadelphia Eagles handed the New England Patriots their second straight loss, beating them 35–28 in Foxboro. The Carolina Panthers improved to 12–0 with a comeback victory over the New Orleans Saints.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Panthers quarterback Cam Newton told reporters that he did not suffer a concussion against the Saints. Newton was brought to the locker room after taking a helmet-to-helmet hit.
• The Colts are hoping quarterback Andrew Luck will return from a lacerated kidney to play Week 15 against the Houston Texans, reports Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports. Luck has been out since Oct. 18.
• Chat Sports: Five stars who were total disappointments this week
• Patriots quarterback Tom Bradypassed Dan Marino for third on the NFL's all-time career touchdown passes list on Sunday. He now has 422 touchdown passes in his career.
• New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul told the New York Post that doctors wanted to cut off his entire right hand following the July 4 fireworks incident that ultimately cost him only his index finger and part of his thumb.
• Cleveland Browns head coach Mike Pettine will decide today whether quarterback Austin Davis or Johnny Manziel will start next week against the San Francisco 49ers, reports ESPN’s Pat McManamon.
• Chat Sports: Browns expected to start Johnny Manziel for last four games
• Colts quarterback Matt Hasselbeck is unsure if he will play next week against the Jacksonville Jaguars, the team announced. Hasselbeck left the team’s loss to the Steelers with neck and shoulder injuries.
• Denver Broncos running back C.J. Andersonsuffered an ankle injury in their win over the Chargers. He is questionable to play next week against the Oakland Raiders.