By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers are starting their preparations for Super Bowl 50 after wins on Championship Sunday, while the rest of the league has turned its attention to the off-season.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Broncos cornerback Aqib Talibthinks highly of Panthers quarterback Cam Newton. According to ESPN, Talib said Newton is “probably the most dangerous quarterback in the NFL right now.”
• Broncos safety Darian Stewart sustained a slight MCL sprain Sunday, but should be “good to go” for the Super Bowl, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• Chat Sports: Six coaches who will get head coaching jobs in 2017
• Panthers linebacker Thomas Davissustained a broken arm Sunday, but told reporters he’d be back for the Super Bowl. He underwent surgery Monday on the injury.
• The New England Patriots have fired offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo, reports Rapoport. The move comes one day after the Broncos defeated the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game.
• The Philadelphia Eaglesannounced Monday that they have signed tight end Zach Ertz to a five-year, $42.5 million contract extension. Ertz is now one of the highest-paid tight ends in the NFL.
• Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy is reportedly unhappy with the way general manager Ted Thompson runs the team, reports the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Bob McGinn.
• Chat Sports: More NFL news and rumors inside the Chat Sports app
• After a turnover-filled effort against the Panthers, Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmertold the New York Post that the loss “is going to stick with [him] for probably the rest of [his] life.”