With the new NFL league year set to begin on March 9, many teams have started to make roster moves, releasing players to free up salary cap space before contracts become guaranteed. Some big names and experienced veterans have already been cut, including wide receiver Roddy White, quarterback Robert Griffin III and running back Arian Foster.
Has your team made any roster moves? Check out the list below to see.
The latest notable NFL roster cuts include:
• Falcons receiving franchise record holder Roddy White was released after 11 seasons, as well as defensive tackle Paul Soliai.
• The Ravens released linebacker Daryl Smith to free up $2.625 million in cap space.
• The Buffalo Bills will release cornerback Leodis McKelvin, reports NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport.
• Buffalo also released defensive end Mario Williams, the team announced on Tuesday. Offensive guard Kraig Urbik and running back Anthony Dixon were also released.
• The Panthers have released defensive end Charles Johnson.
• The Broncos released tight end Owen Daniels, guard Louis Vasquez and long snapper Aaron Brewer, the team announced.
• The Texans released running back Arian Foster after seven seasons with the team.
• Houston also cut free safety Rahim Moore, who signed for three years at $12 million and played in just seven games.
• The Colts cut wide receiver Andre Johnson.
• Indianapolis also released quarterback Josh Freeman, the team announced on Monday.
• The Colts released outside linebacker Bjoern Werner, the team announced Tuesday.
• The Jacksonville Jaguars have released former Pro Bowler Zane Beadles, who had three years remaining on his five-year, $30 million contract. Defensive end Chris Clemons was also released and frees up $4 million in cap space, according to Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union.
• The Dolphins have released Pro Bowl cornerback Brent Grimes.
• The Vikings released wide receiver Mike Wallace.
• Kenrick Ellis has re-signed, the team announced.
• The Patriots have released linebacker Darius Fleming after posting just four combined tackles in six games during the 2015 season. Fleming posted the following message on Twitter:
• The Patriots also released wide receiver Brandon LaFell and tight end Scott Chandler.
• The New York Giants have informed wide receiver Victor Cruz that he will be released unless he takes a pay cut, according to ESPN’s Ed Werder.
• The Giants also released offensive guard Geoff Schwartz.
• The team will release tight end Jeff Cumberland.
• Wideout Jeremy Kerley has been cut.
• The team announced wide receiver Jeremy Kerley and tight end Jeff Cumberland.
San Diego Chargers
• The Chargers have parted ways with inside linebacker Donald Butler, who posted the following message on Twitter.
• The Chargers also released running back Donald Brown and linebacker Kavell Conner.
• The Redskins have released quarterback Robert Griffin III, reports Rapoport.
• Washington has also released Jason Hatcher, the defensive end suggested in an Instagram post on Monday.
• Veteran safety Dashon Goldson will be released, reports CSN Mid-Atlantic’s Tarik El-Bashir.