Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
NFL free agency has started to die down as teams turn their attention to next month's draft, but there are still a few impact players left on the market. The biggest news from Thursday came from the Cleveland Browns, who signed quarterback Robert Griffin III to a two-year, $15 million deal.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Denver Broncos were also interested in signing Griffin, but decided to pass on him due to “character concerns,” reports Mike Klis of 9 News.
• The Browns have put quarterback Josh McCown on the trade block after acquiring RG3, reports NFL.com’s Dan Hanzus.
• Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey is in the “evaluation process” about a possible comeback, head coach Jeff Fisher told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Bailey was shot twice in the head in a drive-by shooting four months ago.
• The Browns and Jets are no longer pursuing a trade for 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, leaving the Broncos as the only team reportedly interested in acquiring him, reports Hanzus.
• Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch has yet to file his retirement papers, meaning the team might have to cut him, reports the Seattle Times’ Bob Condotta. Lynch will count $11.5 million against the cap this season if he remains on the roster.
• The New England Patriots have signed wide receiver Nate Washington, reports ESPN’s Field Yates.
• Wide receiver Leonard Hankerson has signed a one-year deal with the Buffalo Bills, reports the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.