NFL rumors: Latest news from the off-season on free agency, trades, more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL Draft is fast approaching, and the rumor mill is churning with which top prospects teams are targeting. There is also a plethora of news coming from free agency as big names remain on the open market.
Check out the latest NFL rumors and news below.
• Interest in the No. 1 overall pick has increased, Tennessee Titans general manager told the Tennessean. The No. 1 overall pick has not be traded before a player was taken since the 2001 draft.
• In an attempt to get quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick re-signed, the New York Jets have asked offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson to take a pay cut, according to the New York Daily News. Ferguson is set to count $14.1 million against the cap, but has never missed a snap in his 10-year NFL career.
• The Baltimore Ravens hosted a few players on Wednesday that they could take in the first round of the draft. Albert Breer of NFL.com reports that Myles Jack, Vernon Hargreaves and Joey Bosa were all in Baltimore for a visit.
• John Elway wasn't the only Denver Broncos decision maker that quarterback Colin Kaepernick met with last week. Head coach Gary Kubiak told the Denver Post that he also met with Kaepernick. The Broncos' trade for Kaepernick with the 49ers is held up by Kaepernick refusing to accept a sizable pay cut.
• Linebacker A.J. Tarpley announced his retirement from the NFL, citing concussion concerns. The 23-year old Tarpley made the Buffalo Bills' roster as undrafted free agent from Stanford and started two games last year.
• Carlos Hyde missed all but seven games for the San Francisco 49ers last season because of a foot injury. However, now he says he is “good to go.”