Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
NFL teams are working on signing draft picks and filling their rosters ahead of off-season mini camps. However, some veterans are also being released to make room for various undrafted free agents.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Seattle Seahawks have officially placed running back Marshawn Lynch on the reserve/retired list.
• Broncos linebacker Von Miller said he will be in Denver “no matter what” and wants to be a part of the team “for life,” reports The Denver Post’s Cameron Wolfe.
• A judge ruled that Johnny Manziel can have “no contact whatsoever” with ex-girlfriend Colleen Crowley after in his first court appearance related to a domestic assault charge, reports ESPN. Manziel turned himself in and was released on a $1,500 bond.
• Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told KRLD-FM’s Roy White III that the team will not place second-round pick Jaylon Smith on injured reserve in hopes that he can play in the playoffs. Smith sustained a torn ACL and LCL in Notre Dame’s Fiesta Bowl loss to Ohio State.
• San Francisco 49ers players are praising head coach Chip Kelly, calling his offense “genius” and “organized,” reports CBS Sports’ Sean Wagner-McGough.
• The Kansas City Chiefs signed second-round pick Chris Jones on Thursday, making him the highest non-first-round pick to sign with a team, reports the Associated Press.
• Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is donating $100,000 to flood relief in his hometown of Palestine, Texas, reports the Associated Press.