The latest news from the NFL off-season on Joey Bosa's contract negotiations and Josh Brown's suspension.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
Week 2 of the NFL pre-season is underway, with six games completed on Thursday. Three more games are on tap for Friday, with the New York Jets visiting the Washington Redskins, the Dallas Cowboys hosting the Miami Dolphins and the Arizona Cardinals taking on the San Diego Chargers.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Chargers and defensive end Joey Bosa are once again discussing his contract, USA Today reports. The two sides had stopped speaking amidst a dispute over how soon Bosa will get his bonus money and offset language in the deal.
• New York Giants kicker Josh Brown was suspended for one game earlier this week, and the New York Daily News reports the suspension stems from domestic violence claims against Brown. According to the Daily News, Brown's ex-wife told police Brown had become violent against her over 20 times, and Brown was arrested after one dispute last year.
• Anthony Davis is back with the San Francisco 49ers after a year-long hiatus, and he might be changing positions. The Sacramento Bee reports Davis is getting snaps at guard and that he is open to moving over from right tackle.
• Houston Texans rookie center Nick Martin has a high ankle sprain, according to the Houston Chronicle. The injury could keep Martin out of the season opener.
• Chicago Bears cornerback Kyle Fuller underwent a knee scope, reports Pro Football Talk. Fuller will miss several weeks because of the surgery.
• Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Hundley left Thursday's game with an ankle injury. However, head coach Mike McCarthy told ESPN that although Hundley re-injured his ankle, it's not as bad as the injury he suffered earlier this preseason.
• Philadelphia Eagles kicker Caleb Sturgis missed Thursday's pre-season game after he sustained a concussion. NFL.com reports the concussion was a result of Sturgis being hit in the head by an errant punt.