NFL rumors: Week 3 news on injuries, suspensions, more
Week 3 of the NFL season kicks off on Thursday night with the New England Patriots playing host to the Houston Texans. The Patriots will start rookie Jacoby Brissett at quarterback if Jimmy Garoppolo can't play due to his shoulder injury.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is having surgery on Thursday to repair his torn meniscus and will be out for 3-4 months, reports ESPN's Josina Anderson.
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Doug Martin will miss three weeks with a hamstring injury, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
• Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is expected to miss 2-3 weeks with a sprained thumb, reports Rapoport.
• Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Donte Moncrief will be out 4-6 weeks with a fractured scapula, the team announced.
• The Detroit Lions have placed running back Ameer Abdullah on injured reserve with a foot injury, reports Justin Rogers of the Detroit News.
• Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman will shadow New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. when the two teams play on Sunday, reports ESPN's Britt McHenry.
• The Atlanta Falcons have signed linebacker O'Brien Schofield to a one-year deal, reports ESPN's Vaughn McClure.