Football apparel always has been an easy, go-to gift during the holidays. I grew up in Nashville and when the Titans officially landed there in 1999, an Eddie George jersey was waiting under my tree. Steelers gear is the perfect fit for my Pittsburgh-raised father-in-law and Packers items are good for our Cheesehead neighbors. I’m sure you can relate.
So for this holiday season, I set out to create a one-stop shop for all your gift-giving needs. There’s something for everyone below—from dads with traditional taste to hipsters looking to push boundaries to ladies looking to stand out in the stands. And if you happen to be here on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, many of the brands listed are offering steep discounts on the merchandise. So take advantage.
A quick word before we get to the apparel. When doing the research, I concentrated my efforts on finding items available for every team, or at least the majority of them. So if you like a Bengals shirt below but happen to be a Dolphins fan, you’re still in luck. Just click the bold red link and it will take you to a page that lists every team product in that style. Any questions, feel free to send me a note. Happy to help. It’s the season of giving, after all.
Here we go...
1. TownieMade T-Shirts(from $24) || 2.The MMQB Homage T-Shirt(from $32) || 3. Nike Historic Logo T-Shirts(from $34) || 4.Pro Line Throwback Logo T-Shirts(from $29) || 5.500Level NFLPA T-Shirts(from $19) || 6.Mitchell & Ness Field Goal Long-Sleeve(from $79)
It might not be T-shirt time outside—unless you live in, say, sunny southern California like the smug writer of this blurb—but don’t let that stop you from filling stockings with any of these tees. More team-by-team ideas here and don’t forget about our afro’ed friend either.
Hoodies + Pullovers
1. Pro Line 8-Bit Helmet Hoodie(from $54) || 2. Tommy Bahama ¼ Zip Pullover(from $148) || 3. Nike Performance Hoodie(from $59) || 4.Nike Sideline Performance Jacket ¼ Zip(from $79) || 5. Nike Championship Drive Fleece Full-Zip(from $100) || 6.Junk Food NFL Hoodies(from $32)
Subtle and simple, or loud and proud—there’s something here for whatever your style. Those quarter-zips are reversible, and the 8-bit helmet will be a big hit for anyone who grew up before pixels exploded into more realistic graphics.
1. GIII Sports Packable Puffer Jacket(from $99) || 2. Mitchell & Ness Vest(from $99) || 3. Nike Sideline Jacket(from $99) || 4. Levi’s Trucker Denim Jacket(from $108) || 5. Nike Gray Champ Drive Vest(from $125)
A quick apology for the model above: Love the jacket, but pretty sure that pose wouldn’t fly in Jersey. But the real stars here are the vests; I’d consider becoming a Broncos fan just for that garment.
1. Riddell Authentic Helmets(from $247) || 2.Nike Reversible Knit(from $26) || 3. New Era Sideline Tech Flex Hat(from $29) || 4.New Era Biggest Fan Cuffed(from $14) || 5.Nike True Vapor(from $32) || 6.’47 Clean Up Adjustable Hat(from $21)
Hey, helmets are headwear. Can’t imagine there are many fans who wouldn’t lose their mind if they found a full-size authentic helmet under the tree.
1. Junk Food NFL Fleece(from $39) || 2.Cutter & Buck Full Zip Puffer Vest(from $82) || 3.Pro Line Throwback Two-Tone Triblend(from $39) || 4. Nike Tailgate Vintage Full-Zip Hoodie(from $70) || 5. ’47 Fiona Cuff Knit(from $24) || 6. Nike Hyperwarm Half-Zip Jacket(from $75)
Ladies football gear has come a long way. So many good options, and you can never go wrong with Pat Patriot or that simple knit beanie with the pom on top.
1. Junk Food NFL Tee(from $10) || 2. New Era Classic 39THIRTY Flex Hat(from $13) || 3. Nike Youth Jerseys(from $56) || 4. Tassel Knit Hat With Pom(from $19) || 5. Tactical Polar Fleece Full-Zip(from $41) || 6. Nike STS Fleece Hoodie(from $70)
Kids need a new jersey for all those football Fridays at school. You also can’t go wrong with the full-zip fleece or the hoodie, which we’re all seeing frequently on the sidelines these days.
Published every Friday, The MMQB Football Lifestyle column is a curated list of links to what’s catching Dom’s eye off the field. The MMQB has affiliate deals with some of the brands featured and receives commission on certain purchases. Have an item for consideration? Share it.