The Chargers are closer to joining the Raiders in Los Angeles. 

By SI Wire
December 18, 2016

Chargers owner Dean Spanos told CBS’s Scott Kaplan on Sunday that he is “leaning” toward moving the team to Los Angeles. 

San Diego voters overwhelmingly rejected a ballot measure in November that would have provided funding for a new football stadium downtown. The measure needed a two-thirds majority to pass but 57.24% of voters opposed the measure. 

Spanos also told Kaplan that he would have “committed to San Diego” if the measure had been approved by 50% of voters. The Chargers filed a court motion before the vote that sought to have the measure put up for another vote at a later date with only a simple majority required to pass. 

Spanos said earlier this week that he would wait until after the season to decide on relocation. The Chargers have until Jan. 15 to exercise their option to join the Rams in Los Angeles and share a stadium. 

You May Like