Talks have resumed for Raiders possible return to Oakland for the 2019 season.

By Scooby Axson
February 13, 2019

The Oakland Raiders have started talks with the city about returning to play in the 2019 before relocating to Las Vegas.

Oakland Coliseum executive director Scott McKibben said he met with Raiders president Marc Badain last week to discuss a lease for the 2019 season at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.

“I will confirm that we, late last week, started sitting down and talking with the Raiders about the potential of a 2019 season deal,” McKibben said to the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “In my view, the discussions have been meaningful and productive.”

McKibben said last month that there was still is a possibility that an agreement can be reached as the Raiders' lease at the Coliseum expires on Wednesday.

The city of Oakland sued the Raiders last month, citing the team's move to Las Vegas as illegal and also their desire to be compensated for financial losses should the team leave.

MCCANN: Oakland Sues NFL, Claims it Violated Own Rules in Approving Raiders' Move to Vegas

After the lawsuit was filed, Raiders owner Mark Davis pulled the $7.5 million lease proposal for the 2019 season.

The Raiders are set to move into a 65,000-seat, $1.8 billion stadium near the Las Vegas Strip in August 2020.

NFL officials have said they need to know soon where the Raiders are going to play soon so they can finalize the schedule for the 2019 season. The Raiders need to schedule seven home games as they are the home team when they face the Chicago Bears in London.

The team recently had talks with the San Francisco Giants about sharing Oracle Park for next season.

Tucson, Arizona and Birmingham, Alabama have also reportedly expressed interest in hosting the Raiders next season.

You May Like