The SI Fantasy Football Newsletter hits inboxes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Ah, Thursday Night Football. People have had their gripes over the years, but you have to admit it’s nice to have football back on our TVs three times a week. But with TNF comes tough lineup decisions, and lots of fantasy players have one tonight.
Cam Newton was one of the more polarizing QBs in draft season. Would he recover from his shoulder injury and return to his old top-five ways? Would he see a considerable drop in his rushing usage, and see his fantasy production sink with it?
His Week 1: 25-for-38 for 239 yards, zero touchdowns, an interception, a fumble and three rushes for minus-two yards. Worse than Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota and Joe Flacco. Yuck. And now you have to decide if you should play him on Thursday night, when you may have several options on Sunday.
Well our Kevin Hanson has Newton as his QB7 this week, so he's got him in starting lineups. Check out Kevin's full rankings for half-PPR and non-PPR broken down by position: QB, RB, WR, TE, flex, DST and kicker.
Not receiving this newsletter in your inbox? You can update your preferences and subscribe to all of SI’s newsletters here. You can also use that link or the opt-out box at the bottom of this newsletter if you decide a twice-weekly fantasy newsletter is not for you.
• Adam Ronis has a few sneaky starts he likes this week. LeSean McCoy only played 29% of Chiefs snaps in Week 1, but he could be a strong value play.
• Frankie Taddeo has a few risky starts. Some guys he’d normally start but would consider benching this week, including Aaron Jones and Stefon Diggs.
• Frankie also has some Week 2 streaming options. Guys he wouldn’t start every week, but would happily put in his lineup now. Andy Dalton is in.
• Adam Ronis’s Stock Watch has some guys whose stock has gone up or down after Week 1. You can feel good about buying low on Miles Sanders.
• Mark Deming’s Start ‘Em, Sit ‘Em helps make some of this week’s tougher calls. Start Derek Carr, sit Jameis Winston.
• Adam Ronis’s Week 2 Waiver Wire has 15 players who were up for grabs Tuesday morning. Some of these guys are still sitting there.
• Frankie Taddeo’s Week 2 Droppables has a handful of players you can feel comfortable parting with. We know you’re attached to the guys you just drafted, but it’s never too early to tinker.
Bull Market with Jim Cramer
This season we are proud to introduce Bull Market Fantasy, a collaboration between SI Fantasy and TheStreet, where Wall Street legend Jim Cramer will show how his expertise in the stock market can translate to the world of fantasy football.
Check out our new trailer.
Every Tuesday and Thursday, you can watch Jim and his team of experts discuss the latest injuries, matchups and headlines that impact your starting lineup decisions. Here’s today’s show in case you didn’t catch it live.