The Patriots are looking to fill the hole on their roster at tight end and asked the Buccaneers about acquiring O.J. Howard. But Tampa Bay shot down their inquiry, according to the MMQB's Albert Breer.
New England re-signed Benjamin Watson after Matt LaCosse suffered an MCL sprain and was placed on injured reserve. The Patriots have struggled to find an answer at tight end after Rob Gronkowski retired following the 2018 season.
The NFL trade deadline is eight days away. Who will be the biggest buyers and sellers on the market?
Check out the latest news and rumors around the league:
- The Broncos have fielded phone calls from teams interested in Emmanuel Sanders, Chris Harris, Adam Gostis and Von Miller. However, Denver is planning to hold on to Miller. (Albert Breer, The MMQB)
- Saints quarterback Drew Brees is set to return to practice this week. He's hoping to play again as early as Week 8. (Mike Triplett, ESPN)
- The Jets have received interest from teams for DT Leonard Williams. (Albert Breer, The MMQB)
- The Falcons could see a return for guys like DeVondre Campbell, Mohamed Sanu and Austin Hooper. (Albert Breer, MMQB)
- The Raiders will be buyers at the Oct. 29 trade deadline. They have already started looking for linebackers and pass rush help. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
- The Raiders traded CB Gareon Conley to the Texans for a third-round pick. (Vic Tafur, The Athletic)
This post will be updated.