The Falcons traded wide receiver Mohamed Sanu to the Patriots in exchange for a second-round draft pick, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
New England has been trying to acquire Sanu since before the 2019 draft, reports Schefter. The Patriots see this trade as a short-term solution, while the Falcons, who are 1–6, view this as an investment in their future.
The NFL trade deadline is seven days away. Who will be the biggest buyers and sellers on the market?
Check out the latest news and rumors around the league:
- The Lions have traded safety Quandre Diggs and a 2021 seventh-round draft pick to the Seahawks for a 2020 fifth-rounder. (Tom Pelissero, NFL Network)
- The Broncos traded WR Emmanuel Sanders and a 2020 fifth-round draft pick to the 49ers in exchange for 2020 third- and fourth-round picks. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
- The Eagles are working out DL Datone Jones on Tuesday. He was cut by the Jaguars this summer. (Mike Garafolo, NFL Network)
- The Raiders traded CB Gareon Conley to the Texans in exchange for a 2020 draft pick. (Team Announcement)
- The Eagles released CB Orlando Scandrick and DT Akeem Spence. Philadelphia also signed DT Anthony Rush off of the Raiders' practice squad. (Team Announcement)
- Backup QB Kyle Allen will start for the Panthers as Cam Newton continues to rehab his foot injury. (Team Announcement)