To say veteran NFL quarterback Philip Rivers is excited to be with the Indianapolis Colts is apparently an understatement. The 38-year-old is set for his first training camp with the Colts after a storied 16-year run with the Chargers franchise in which he holds virtually all of the teams' passing records by a large margin. As MMQB's Albert Breer outlines, Rivers may be able to hit the ground running in Indianapolis sooner than conventional wisdom suggests based on multiple connections to coach Frank Reich's scheme.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Latest NBA Draft Buzz Following NCAA Withdrawal Deadline
- Dear MLB and TV Partners, Give Us More Mic'd Up Players and Less Nonsense: TRAINA THOUGHTS
- Does LeBron James Have Anything to Prove In the Bubble?
- Fantasy Football Bust of the Year: Which 2019 Stud Should You Fade in 2020?
- What to Watch for at the 2020 PGA Championship
- Bundesliga Sets Plan to Begin Allowing Fans Back in Stadiums
- A Wave of Key Summer Returnees Gives College Basketball Something to Build On