During the Bengals-Browns Thursday Night Football broadcast, Joe Buck was surprised by a pre-recorded video with Pro Football Hall of Fame president and CEO C. David Baker announcing the longtime broadcaster as the recipient of the Pete Rozelle Award, earning him a place in the Hall of Fame.
Joe Buck was surprised on live TV Thursday night that he will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
During the Browns and Bengals halftime- Pro Football Hall of Fame president David Baker announced Joe Buck as the Pete Row-zelle award recipient.
Buck has called NFL games on Fox since 1999 and the longtime broadcaster will now join his Father in the football Hall of Fame.
Buck's father, Jack Buck, was a renowned play-by-play announcer for football and baseball. He won the award in 1996, making Jack and Joe the first father-son duo to win it.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Reggie Miller and Chris Webber Preview the X-Factors of the Western Conference Finals
- Wade Barrett Signs With WWE as Part of the NXT Broadcast Team
- Messi Scores Pair of Goals in Barcelona's Preseason Friendly vs. Girona
- Mickie James Seeks Seventh WWE Title in Championship Program With Asuka
- Gareth Bale's Agent Confirms Talks Over Possible Tottenham Return From Real Madrid
- Ten Things We Learned From the Big Ten's Reversal on Playing a Fall Season
- Daniel Cormier Would Relish WWE Commentary Role: ‘I Would Love That, and I Wouldn’t Be Faking It’
- Mailbag: How Does the Big Ten's Return Affect the NFL Draft?