By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
We’re almost at the midpoint of the NHL season, as the All-Star Game is quickly approaching and the Stanley Cup contenders have started to separate themselves from the rest of the pack. The Washington Capitals are atop the Eastern Conference, while the Chicago Blackhawks currently lead the West.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Anaheim Ducks forward Shawn Horcoff has been suspended 20 games for a PED violation, the league announced.
• Montreal Canadiens forward Daniel Carr will be out for three months after sustaining a knee injury Monday against the Columbus Blue Jackets, the team announced.
• Chat Sports: NHL power rankings
• The Boston Bruins announced that goalie Jonas Gustavssonleft Tuesday’s game against the Ducks in the second period with an illness and was taken to the hospital for observation.
• New York Islanders defenseman Johnny Boychuk could return from an upper-body injury soon after the All-Star break, reports Newsday’s Laura Albanese. Boychuk hasn’t played since Dec. 31.
• The Carolina Hurricanes announced they have activated goalie Cam Ward from injured reserve. He was placed on IR last Wednesday with a concussion.
• Two-time Stanley Cup champion Craig Adams announced his retirement yesterday after a 14-year career. Adams played for Carolina, the Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins during his time in the NHL.
• Chat Sports: More NHL news and rumors inside the Chat Sports app
• The St. Louis Blues are seeking upgrades for their arena after the NFL’s Rams left for Los Angeles, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.