Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NHL begins the second half of the season Tuesday after a week-long break and enjoyable All-Star game, won by Team Pacific and All-Star Game MVP John Scott. The Washington Capitals currently lead the Eastern Conference and the Chicago Blackhawks are atop the standings in the West.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Edmonton Oilers rookie Connor McDavid will return Tuesday against the Columbus Blue Jackets, reports the Edmonton Journal’s Robert Tychkowski. McDavid has been out since Nov. 3 with a broken collarbone.
• New York Rangers forward Rick Nash is still out with a bone bruise and is listed as day-to-day, reports the New York Post’s Larry Brooks.
• The New Jersey Devils announced they have placed forward Michael Cammalleri on injured reserve with a hand injury.
• The Colorado Avalanche announced that defenseman Brad Stuart underwent back surgery and is out “long term.”
• Defenseman Alex Biega signed a two-year, $1.5 million extension with the Vancouver Canucks, reports TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie.
• The Detroit Red Wings announced they have put defenseman Niklas Kronwall on long term injured reserve with a knee injury. The team hopes Kronwell will return for its Feb. 14 game against the Boston Bruins.
• Bruins goalie Jonas Gustavsson has been placed on injured reserve after he had a brief stint in the hospital last week due to an elevated heart rate, the team announced.