Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NHL kicked off the second half of the season on Tuesday after a week-long break around the All-Star Game. The Washington Capitals currently lead the Eastern Conference and the Chicago Blackhawks lead the Western.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• The Los Angeles Kings have emerged as the most likely landing spot for Winnipeg Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien should the Jets choose to trade him, reports TSN.
• The Vancouver Canucks have waived forward Brandon Prust after he expressed displeasure with his role on the team last month, reports Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman.
• Buffalo Sabres forward Sam Reinhart is expected to return to the lineup tonight, reports the Buffalo News. He has been on injured reserve with an upper body injury.
• The Capitals are now the betting favorite to win the Stanley Cup at 4:1 odds, reports Pro Hockey Talk.
• Arizona Coyotes assistant general manager Darcy Regier is leaving the team for personal reasons, reports Pro Hockey Talk.
• The Toronto Maple Leafs unveiled a new logo for the 2016–17 season, the franchise’s 100th season.