NHL rumors: Latest buzz around trades, coach firings, signings
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NHL season is hitting the home stretch, and front offices around the league are beginning to kick things into high gear with just 21 days to go until the trade deadline.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• The Boston Bruins announced that goalie Malcolm Subban is in stable condition but will be “sidelined indefinitely” with a fractured larynx after being hit in the throat with a puck during warmups with the Providence Bruins.
• New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh may not play Monday night after being punched in the head by Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds during Saturday's game, reports the New York Post's Larry Brooks.
• Rangers forward Rick Nash is expected to miss his sixth straight game on Monday with a lower-body injury, reports NorthJersey.com's Andrew Gross.
• Arizona Coyotes forward Boyd Gordon will be out week-to-week with an upper body injury, reports the Arizona Republic's Sarah McLellan.
• The Detroit Red Wings will play forwards Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg on the same line for the rest of the season, reports the Detroit Free Press' Helene St. James.
• Washington Capitals forward Alex Ovechkin scored his 30th goal of the season Sunday, joining Wayne Gretzky as the only players to score at least 30 goals in each of their first 11 NHL seasons.
• Winnipeg Jets forward Drew Stafford is set to have a hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety Monday after his high-stick on Colorado Avalanche defenseman Nick Holden on Saturday, the league announced.