NHL rumors: Latest buzz around trades, coach firings, signings
By Justin Lee, Chat Sports
We're less than three weeks away from the NHL Trade Deadline, which means there's plenty of intrigue to be had in front offices around the league.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• The Ottawa Senators acquired defenseman Dion Phaneuf in a nine-player trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday, the teams announced.
• Contract talks between left winger Andrew Ladd and the Winnipeg Jets have stalled, reports Luke Fox of Sportsnet.
• Los Angeles Kings front office executives have begun contract negotiations with left winger Milan Lucic, Lisa Dilman of the Los Angeles Times reports.
• The Kings were interested in trading for defenseman Dustin Byfuglien before the Jets locked him up on a multi-year deal, according to The Fourth Period.
• The Nashville Predators could seek a rental goalie via trade due to Pekka Rinne's current struggles in net, reports Elliotee Friedman of Sportsnet.
• The Predators are also looking for scoring help before the deadline, reports Adam Vingan of The Tennessean.