Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
With less than three weeks to go until the NHL trade deadline, there’s plenty of intrigue surrounding the decisions of front offices around the league.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Calgary Flames defenseman Dennis Wideman’s appeal hearing lasted six and a half hours, reports ESPN’s Joe McDonald. Wideman is appealing his 20-game suspension for his hit on linesman Don Henderson on Jan. 27.
• Arizona Coyotes forward Joe Vitale will miss the rest of the season, reports The Arizona Republic’s Sarah McLellan. Vitale hasn’t played since sustaining a concussion and broken orbital bone on Oct. 17.
• The Los Angeles Kings are looking to trade for Winnipeg Jets forward Andrew Ladd, reports the Winnipeg Free Press’s Ed Tait. The Kings had previously targeted Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, who signed a five-year extension with Winnipeg last week.
• The Toronto Maple Leafs announced they have placed forward Tyler Bozak on injured reserve with an upper-body injury.
• Detroit Red Wings defenseman Danny Dekeyser is day-to-day with a knee injury, reports The Detroit News' Ted Kulfan.
• The Kings have placed defenseman Christian Ehrhoff on waivers, reports the Associated Press.
• Buffalo Sabres forward Johan Larsson may miss his second straight game with an undisclosed injury after he was held out of Wednesday’s practice, reports The Buffalo News’ Mike Harrington.
• The 2017 NHL entry draft will be held in Chicago, reports ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.