NHL rumors: Latest buzz around trades, coach firings, signings
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
We're just over two weeks away from the NHL trade deadline, which means there's plenty surrounding the decisions of front offices around the league.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Tampa Bay Lightning forward Steven Stamkos said answers about his future will come at the trade deadline, reports the Tampa Bay Times' Joe Smith. Stamkos is in the last year of his contract and has been linked to his hometown Toronto Maple Leafs, but has said that he wants to win with the Lightning.
• The Ottawa Senators plan to pursue a trade for disgruntled Lightning forward Jonathan Drouin, reports Sportsnet's Renaud Lavoie.
• Buffalo Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma said he expects the NHL to discipline Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Radko Gudas for his hit on Sabres forward Daniel Catenacci, reports the Buffalo News' John Vogl. Catenacci suffered an apparent concussion on the play.
• The NHL announced that Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri has been fined $5,000 for making a throat slash gesture.
• Maple Leafs defenseman Jared Cowen will be out for the next 10 days with hip tightness, reports the Toronto Star's Dave Feschuk.
• Detroit Red Wings defenseman Danny Dekeyser is expected to play tonight against the Colorado Avalanche despite having a knee injury, reports the Detroit News' Ted Kulfan.
• The Edmonton Oilers plan to be sellers at the trade deadline, reports TSN.