Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
With the NHL trade deadline approaching, there’s plenty of intrigue surrounding the decisions of front offices around the league.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman released a statement saying the team will not trade star forward Steven Stamkos before the deadline.
• Buffalo Sabres forward Evander Kane will not play in Tuesday’s game against the Ottawa Senators after missing Monday’s practice, reports the Buffalo News’ Mike Harrington. Kane “overslept” after spending Sunday night partying following the NBA All-Star Game.
• Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa will miss two weeks with a lower-body injury, head coach Joel Quenneville said. Hossa was placed on injured reserve yesterday.
• Arizona Coyotes goalie Anders Lindback sustained a lower-body injury before Monday’s game that the team thinks is “fairly serious,” reports the Arizona Republic’s Sarah McLellan.
• Columbus Blue Jackets forward David Clarkson has returned to the ice, but there is still no timetable for his return to game action from an upper-body injury, reports the Columbus Dispatch.
• Blue Jackets head coach John Tortorella returned to practice for the first time since sustaining broken ribs on Jan. 22, reports the Columbus Dispatch.
• Washington Capitals forward Mike Richards said he holds “no grudges” against the Los Angeles Kings after they released him this offseason following his arrest for possession of a controlled substance, reports the Associated Press.