Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Trade rumors are swirling around the NHL with just 11 days until the trade deadline, but there is also a plethora of other tidbits to sort through as teams start to make their final push towards the playoffs.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced he has upheld Calgary Flames defenseman Dennis Wideman's 20–game suspension for his hit on linesman Don Henderson. However, Wideman is appealing the suspension to a neutral arbitrator, making him the first NHL player to do so.
• Flames goalie Karri Ramo is out for the season with a torn ACL he suffered in the team’s Feb. 11 win over the San Jose Sharks, reports ESPN.
• Montreal Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien blamed defenseman P.K. Subban for their 3-2 loss to the Colorado Avalanche, saying his mistake caused the team to give up the eventual game-winning goal, reports CBS Sports’ Adam Gretz.
• Tampa Bay Lightning forward Steven Stamkos is happy to “just focus on hockey” after the team announced he would not be traded before the deadline, reports Sportsnet’s Luke Fox.
• The Flames are expected to start working on a contract extension with forward Jonny Gaudreau “soon,” reports the Calgary Sun's Eric Francis.
• The Edmonton Oilers announced they have placed defenseman Eric Gryba on injured reserve with a knee injury that is expected to keep him out for a month.
• The New Jersey Devils still haven’t set a target date for forward Mike Cammalleri’s return, who has been out since Jan. 26 with a hand injury, reports NorthJersey.com’s Tom Gulitti.