Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL at the trade deadline.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
There has been plenty of action ahead of Monday’s trade deadline at 3 p.m. ET, headlined by the New York Rangers acquiring center Eric Staal from the Carolina Hurricanes in a blockbuster deal on Sunday.
Check out all the latest NHL news and rumors from the deadline and more below.
• The Arizona Coyotes acquired forward Sergei Plotnikov from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for Matthias Plachta and a 2017 seventh-round pick, reports ESPN’s Craig Custance.
• The Montreal Canadiens are taking calls about the possibility of trading forward Alex Galchenyuk, reports ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
• The New York Islanders are trying to acquire forward P.A. Parenteau from the Toronto Maple Leafs, but don’t want to meet Toronto’s asking price of a second-round pick, reports TSN’s Gary Lawless.
• Forward Kris Versteeg was traded from the Hurricanes to the Los Angeles Kings for prospect Valentin Zykov and a conditional fifth-round pick, the teams announced.
• Ottawa Senators forward Bryan Murphy is out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain, the team announced.
• The Edmonton Oilers signed both defenseman Brandon Davidson and goalie Laurent Brossoit to two-year contract extensions, reports Pro Hockey Talk’s Joey Alfieri.
• Forward Michael Raffl signed a multi-year extension with the Philadelphia Flyers, the team announced.