NHL rumors: Latest buzz, news at the trade deadline
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
There has been plenty of action ahead of Monday’s trade deadline at 3 p.m. ET, headlined by the New York Rangers acquiring center Eric Staal from the Carolina Hurricanes in a blockbuster deal on Sunday.
Check out all the latest NHL news and rumors from the deadline and more below.
• The Arizona Coyotes acquired forward Sergei Plotnikov from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for Matthias Plachta and a 2017 seventh-round pick, reports ESPN’s Craig Custance.
• The Montreal Canadiens are taking calls about the possibility of trading forward Alex Galchenyuk, reports ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
• The New York Islanders are trying to acquire forward P.A. Parenteau from the Toronto Maple Leafs, but don’t want to meet Toronto’s asking price of a second-round pick, reports TSN’s Gary Lawless.
• Forward Kris Versteeg was traded from the Hurricanes to the Los Angeles Kings for prospect Valentin Zykov and a conditional fifth-round pick, the teams announced.
• Ottawa Senators forward Bryan Murphy is out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain, the team announced.
• The Edmonton Oilers signed both defenseman Brandon Davidson and goalie Laurent Brossoit to two-year contract extensions, reports Pro Hockey Talk’s Joey Alfieri.
• Forward Michael Raffl signed a multi-year extension with the Philadelphia Flyers, the team announced.