Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL after the trade deadline.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
We’ve hit the last month of the NHL season, and teams are scrambling for playoff positioning. The Washington Capitals lead the Eastern Conference, while the Chicago Blackhawks and Dallas Stars are tied atop the Western Conference.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Los Angeles Kings forward Kris Versteeg missed the last two periods on Saturday with an upper-body injury, but is expected to play Monday night against the Vancouver Canucks, reports LAKingsInsider.com’s Jon Rosen.
• New Jersey Devils goalie Cory Schneider will miss at least two weeks with a MCL sprain, the team announced.
• Pittsburgh Penguins forward Kevin Porter will be out for 12 weeks after undergoing ankle surgery, reports ESPN.
• The Winnipeg Jets announced they will host the Edmonton Oilers in the NHL Heritage Classic next season.
• Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, and Paul Coffey will participate in the Heritage Classic Alumni Game for the Oilers, reports CBS Sports’ Chris Peters.
• The NHL is discussing raising the draft age to 19, reports ESPN’s Joe McDonald.