Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL after the trade deadline.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
We’ve hit the last month of the NHL season, and teams are scrambling for playoff positioning. The Washington Capitals lead the Eastern Conference, while the Chicago Blackhawks and Dallas Stars are tied atop the Western Conference.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Florida Panthers forward Jaromir Jagr moved into third place on the NHL’s all-time scoring list with this assist, passing Red Wings legend Gordie Howe with 1,851 points.
• Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa is expected to return from a leg injury Wednesday night against the St. Louis Blues, reports the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Hine. Hossa hasn’t played since Feb. 13.
• Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman announced that the team has lifted forward Jonathan Drouin’s suspension for failing to report to an AHL game. Drouin will report to the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch.
• NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly denied a report that the league has ruled out Quebec City for possible expansion, saying “no final decisions have been reached” in a statement posted on the league’s website.
• San Jose Sharks goalie James Reimer denied that he is asking for $6 million annually over six years as a free agent this off-season, reports the Calgary Sun’s Eric Francis.
• Anahiem Ducks forward Ryan Getlaf said there’s “no doubt” teammate Corey Perry will join him on Canada’s World Cup of Hockey roster, reports The Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott.
• Boston Bruins head coach Claude Julien set the franchise record for career wins with his team’s victory over the Panthers on Monday night.