The 2016 Stanley Cup playoffs are less than one month away and every team has 12 games or fewer left to play in the regular season. The Washington Capitals and Los Angeles Kings are the only teams to clinch playoff spots, so far.
Check out the latest NHL rumors below.
• The Ottawa Senators will soon have forward Clarke MacArthur back. The Ottawa Citizen reports he’ll return either Saturday or next Tuesday. MacArthur has not played since October because of a concussion.
• The Nashville Predators are getting forwards Gabriel Bourque and Eric Nystrom back just in time for the playoff push. The team announced the two were being recalled from the AHL after playing in a pair of games as part of rehab stints.
• The NHL’s expansion Las Vegas team will be dubbed the Black Knights, reports The Desert Sun. The team will be ready for the 2017–18 season.
• The Philadelphia Flyers will be without goalie Michal Neuvirth for at least three weeks with a lower body injury, the team announced. Steve Mason will get most of the starts, while Anthony Stolarz has been recalled from the AHL to serve as the backup.
• The Buffalo Sabres expect to have forward Jack Eichel back from the flu on Tuesday, reports The Buffalo News. As a result, the team has sent forward Dan Catenacci back to the AHL.
• In his NHL debut, New Jersey Devils goalie Scott Wedgewood picked up a win on Sunday. The former third round pick made 27 saves in a 2–1 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets.
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.