By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
With just three days left in the NHL regular-season, the playoff picture is starting the come into focus. The Boston Bruins moved into the second wild-card spot in the Eastern Conference with a 5–2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday night.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Buffalo Sabres center Tyler Ennis returned to practice after missing three months with a concussion, reports ESPN.
• Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa is expected to return from a lower-body injury for the playoffs, reports CBS Sports. Hossa hasn’t played since Feb. 13.
• New York Islanders defenseman Anders Lee left the team’s 4–1 win over the New York Rangers with a lower-body injury, reports The Record’s Andrew Gross. Lee is not expected to miss any time with the injury, but will be re-evaluated by the team Friday.
• Rangers defenseman Dan Girardi missed Thursday night’s loss to the Islanders with an upper-body injury and is listed as day-to-day, reports ESPN.
• The Detroit Red Wings announced that forward Justin Abdelkader left their loss to the Bruins on Thursday with a lower-body injury and will be re-evaluated Friday.
• Goalie Alex Lyon will be with the Philadelphia Flyers for the remainder of the season, reports NHL.com’s Adam Kimelman. The Yale product signed an entry-level contract with the Flyers earlier this week.
• The OHL suspended Flint Firebirds owner Rolf Nilsen for five years for violating numerous agreements with the league after interfering with multiple aspects of the team, reports CBS Sports’ Chris Peters.