Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NHL playoffs began Wednesday night, headlined by wins by the Tampa Bay Lightning, Pittsburgh Penguins and St. Louis Blues. Four more series begin Thursday, starting with the Washington Capitals hosting the Philadelphia Flyers at 7 p.m. ET.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist is “day-to-day” after taking a stick to the face in Wednesday’s loss to the Penguins, reports NHL.com’s Tom Gulitti.
• Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise may require season-ending back surgery, reports the Minneapolis Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
• Dallas Stars forward Tyler Seguin could play in Thursday’s Game 1 against the Wild despite missing the last 10 games of the regular-season after having surgery to repair a partial Achilles tear, reports NHL.com’s Steve Hunt.
• New York Islanders goalie Jaroslav Halak will miss the first-round series against the Florida Panthers with a groin injury, reports CBS Sports’ Chris Peters.
• Claude Julien will return as head coach of the Boston Bruins next season after rumors surfaced that he would be fired, reports ESPN’s Joe McDonald.
• The Wild signed former first-round pick Alex Tuch to a three-year entry-level contract, reports the Associated Press.
• The Vancouver Canucks announced they have signed defenseman Troy Stecher to an entry-level contract.