Take a look at the latest news and rumors around the NHL.
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The Stanley Cup Playoffs will break for Tuesday before returning to action Wednesday. There’s still one opening-round series to be decided, with the Nashville Predators and Anaheim Ducks set for a decisive Game 7 on Wednesday. The St. Louis Blues eliminated the Chicago Blackhawks in a Game 7 matchup on Monday night.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Detroit Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk will make a decision about his future with the team after the world championships end on May 22, reports MLive.com.
• The Red Wings aren’t optimistic about Datsyuk returning for the final year of his contract. The Detroit Free Press reports the Red Wings don’t expect Datsyuk to return.
• The Tampa Bay Lightning are “hopeful” that Anton Stralman will return for their second-round series, according to The Tampa Tribune. Stralman has not played since March 25 with a fractured fibula.
• The City of Calgary has asked the Flames to look into other locations for a new arena, reports TSN. The current plan from the owners of both the Flames and the CFL’s Calgary Stampeders is to build a hockey arena and football stadium in one multi-purpose field house called CalgaryNext.
• Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn will have a meeting with the NHL’s department of player safety. The meeting will focus on Schenn’s hit to the head on Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie on Sunday.
• Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury is still experiencing symptoms from the concussion he sustained March 30, he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. It’s unclear when Fleury will return to the ice.