NHL rumors: Latest buzz, news during the Stanley Cup Playoffs
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The Stanley Cup Playoffs will break for Tuesday before returning to action Wednesday. There’s still one opening-round series to be decided, with the Nashville Predators and Anaheim Ducks set for a decisive Game 7 on Wednesday. The St. Louis Blues eliminated the Chicago Blackhawks in a Game 7 matchup on Monday night.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Detroit Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk will make a decision about his future with the team after the world championships end on May 22, reports MLive.com.
• The Red Wings aren’t optimistic about Datsyuk returning for the final year of his contract. The Detroit Free Press reports the Red Wings don’t expect Datsyuk to return.
• The Tampa Bay Lightning are “hopeful” that Anton Stralman will return for their second-round series, according to The Tampa Tribune. Stralman has not played since March 25 with a fractured fibula.
• The City of Calgary has asked the Flames to look into other locations for a new arena, reports TSN. The current plan from the owners of both the Flames and the CFL’s Calgary Stampeders is to build a hockey arena and football stadium in one multi-purpose field house called CalgaryNext.
• Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn will have a meeting with the NHL’s department of player safety. The meeting will focus on Schenn’s hit to the head on Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie on Sunday.
• Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury is still experiencing symptoms from the concussion he sustained March 30, he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. It’s unclear when Fleury will return to the ice.